Mar 11, 2013

another (not so) busy day of internship

I don't usually take photos of myself in the mirror but what else can you do when the doctor from your internship shares the chips with you in a plastic bag...they were delicious and after 9 hours it was a welcome snack for us...
I tried to take blood sample from one dog - unsuccessful - what a surprise..
we want to go for a night shift some time and there might be enough time to practice taking blood - I'm thinking about trying it on myself - to actually feel the vein and KNOW what I'm looking for - maybe it will work, maybe not... we'll see... - any ideas?

the internship was mostly calm today - there's this beautiful dog - she had her front leg amputated and now she's doing fine...
I have a new name for one of my future dogs - looks like Jim will get a friend called Indy :)
they have tons of cases of Leischmaniosis here...

we went for a run tonight so I'm falling asleep right now - why is it that I always choose times like this for blogging?

anyway.. after few physical exams and SC application of drugs and one unsuccessful blood draw today, I'm signing off...

good night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment