Jan 29, 2012

Avocado experiment - day 1

up to this day, I still don't understand why I didn't bring any authentic african avocado seeds from Kenya. I mean, I ate about a ton of avocados, or mangos and papaya - why didn't I bring any home?

I'm starting an experiment right now - growing avocado tree from the seed - I know it won't bear any fruit until you "graft" it but hey! I'm pretty sure there's a trip to Kenya some day in my future and I have an awesome uncle who can graft trees like a pro so all I need is a tree.

all I have is this.


far from ripe, so we need to be patient - I'm going to let it sit on my window sill for a week or so and then eat it. yumm
I'll post any updates here and I'm going to add a button on the right sidebar which will take you to all my avocado-related posts.

buy your own avocado and try to grow it - if you do, let me know how it goes :)

INTERNET says I should put it in brown paper bag with an apple to ripen it faster - I'm going to try that - we'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment