May 15, 2011

some (instant) oatmeal goodness

did you ever find tons of instant oatmeal in your cupboard and had no idea what to do with it?

did you google recipe for instant-oatmeal cookies, got excited and then realized you don't have half of the ingredients?

did you improvise?

I did, and somehow it worked out...

oatmeal cookies aren't rocket science after all.

but they sure are delicious and even a little healthy midnight snack for long nights of studying


1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar (or less if you don't have enough - like me)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder ( I believe in baking powder and am very generous when I use it so just add as much as you think is good - according to what you believe while baking)
5 or6 packs of instant oatmeal (I had 2 forest fruit flavored and 3 maple syrup-brown sugar flavored packs)
1/2 cup raisins or cranberries or nuts (we had about 10 tiny cranberries left)
1/2 cup butter- melted ( I never know how to measure this so I just guessed - and half of it was PB because it was the closest thing we had - after I used all my butter stash and came up with two poor spoonfuls...peanut butter is a kind of butter after all. )

bake 35OF /175C
long enough

I hope this is all, I don't really remember what I used . but will definitely make them again!

enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment