Feb 23, 2013

dreads update

it's been almost one month since I've started the dreads...still in the process of "maturing"...
I'm too lazy to fix the ends properly so they keep unraveling and it slows down the locking...
I spend some time fixing the roots with crochet-hook every few days - again - too lazy to finish them all at the same time...

I didn't pull the hair tight enough when I started to make the dreads so my roots are pretty loose... but for a first time experiment I'd say they turned out great...
today I used sea-salt water to help them lock - I have no idea if it helped - we'll see...

meanwhile I'll keep finishing the ends...

had first couple of reactions - some positive, some not, some of them mixed..

last night one girl asked me if I wash my hair normally. I said " of course I do" and we laughed about that silly question for a while. Then she smiled and said it's cool and she likes the style and maybe she'd like to get dreadlocks herself.

any suggestions and tips to help with the locking are welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment