Jan 5, 2011

yarn along - smitten mitten

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a single photo and share it on your blog~ Ginny at Small things


right now there's a mitten on my needles...well, first half of the half of the first mitten = just a tiny bit ... I'm using a pattern from Ravelry - Ruba'iyat mittens but I've changed it a little bit - added the picture of a hippogriff to the middle of the square... nay, it's not a hippogriff, just lama with wings... because I love magical creatures (who doesn't? )

and I'm reading Mange, prie, aime (Eat, pray, love) in French - it was a Christmas present from my sis :) - Love it so far!

but you'll see many photos of my unfinished mitten and the same book in next couple of weeks because with exams and all the studying I won't have time to read or knit :/

20 comments:

  1. thanks for your comment, loving those mittens, wow, fab colours
    got that book for Yule, must start it soon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Eat Pray Love as well. Beautiful knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's some impressive knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful mittens! I hope you can sneak a stitch or two in while during exams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is right, way outta my league baby! Impressive :) And I LOVE that you're reading in French, a passion of mine as well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mittens are looking great! I haven't read the book yet but did see the movie over New Year. I want to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mitten will be lovely..Good luck with the studying :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color of the mittens. Eat Pray Love is book on my list to read.
    Thanks for coming by my blog. The book I'm reading "Don't Sing at the Table" by Adriana Trigiani is good. She is one of my favorite authors and this particular book is about her grandmothers and their lives and how they impacted her and what she learned. Very good so far makes me think about my grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the first 1/3 of Eat, Pray, Love but not the latter thirds. I don't know what that says about me - maybe that I need to go start dinner!!! lol! Your mitten is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just starting with that book - so still in the first 1/3 of it... :) ...but as I LOVE every book I read , you can't take my book critics seriously :D ...I'll pay attention to the rest of the book and tell you if I liked it or not - later :)

    thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mittens look amazing!! I look forward to seeing them many more times during the coming weeks :) Good luck with your studying!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow--those are some seriously impressive mittens. I have never done colorwork and am now even more intimidated! Eat, Pray, Love started out great for me. I read the first third of the book in a jiffy and then slowed. Enjoy yor studies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. fun book! and serious mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh your amazing, love what you've added to your mittens. I haven't read the book, but I've heard so much good stuff about it.

    ReplyDelete