Sep 23, 2013

busy blue

I've done a lot of things today...
 went to school, tried to finish all the erasmus documents (yup still working on that - it's pure madness)...
...typed half of the next fanfiction chapter, sent postcard to sis, went shopping for food, went to the dentist - got my tooth fixed, walked back to school and tried to finish the documents (like 4th time today), concentrated two more hours at the lecture and then went back to our place on my bike...

...met a guy on the way who was selling small booklets about space and all different theories and stuff, got the books, talked to the guy about my dreadlocks (he was on a bike too), learned where's the second-hand-books store from him,...
... came home, made 2 liters of english breakfast tea - complete with milk and honey in feeble attempt to recreate Grace's morning chai, drank 2 liters of tea (oh boy, am I going to run to the loo thousand times tonight)...busy day...yet I still feel blue.

I usually get this feeling of "need to be somewhere else" by the end of the academic year, but never at the beginning. The thing is, I felt this way all year in Portugal, well apart from a couple of days at the end when I was just completely happy about where I was and I wanted to stop the time.
And the feeling just stayed with me. I want to run.
But it's not running from something, it's more of a running towards something, even though I'm not sure what.
and so I am here, back at Uni, not really knowing what I do here, but not brave enough to do something about it...
And you know what? it's ok. Sometimes it's fine to feel blue, for no reason at all. or maybe I could just blame it on monday.
And I want to knit few more rows of my "favorite things" scarf, because knitting makes me happy and that's what I need right now.
different but not un-related topic, I went shopping for yarn. - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment